al Qaeda Planning Christmas Terrorist ‘Spectacular’ – 5 European Passenger Planes Targeted; 400 British Soldiers Now Deployed At London’s Heathrow Airport In Enhanced Security Role

al Qaeda Planning Christmas Terrorist ‘Spectacular’ – 5 European Passenger Planes Targeted; 400 British Soldiers Now Deployed At London’s Heathrow Airport In Enhanced Security Role

http://www.fortunascorner.wordpress.com

Perhaps feeling overshadowed by their upstart sibling — the Islamic State — numerous news outlets this morning (Dec. 1, 2014) report that the terrorist group al Qaeda is planning a Christmas ‘Spectacular,’ and are targeting at least five European passenger planes — “in a high profile hit” during the Christmas holiday. European security officials reportedly have known about the plot since September; and, British officials are said to believe that some kind of high-profile terrorist attack during the Christmas season “is almost inevitable.” The plan reportedly involves al Qaeda militants hope to smuggle bombs/devices onto various passenger planes en route to various destinations across Europe. Four hundred British soldiers have been deployed to London’s Heathrow Airport in a move to provide additional security during the Christmas timeframe.

Donal Macintyre, writing on the November 30, 2014 website – TheExpress.com – says that European officials consider the threat credible; and, reportedly considered an outright ban on all hand luggage – before boarding passenger aircraft. A ban on mobile phones and electronic devices is also reportedly under serious consideration. The Express, quoting an unnamed high-level security official, said, “there is paralysis because of the difficulty of banning hand luggage, which is one of the strongest weapons we have against the new threats.” “All electronics may be banned from hand luggage and placed in the hold — that has been considered — an official told the Express; and, airport personnel in various locations in Europe are currently being trained to spot unusual or potentially threatening behavior. “Everyone is expecting something catastrophic very soon,” the official added.

On a better note, the Express reports that “David Drugeon, a 24yr. old Frenchman, and one of al Qaeda’s most trusted bomb-makers was killed by a cruise missile strike earlier this month in western Syria. Although now dead, his work remains a huge threat — as his skill-set is likely to have been spread among a number of terror ‘apprentices,’ including an unidentified Saudi bomb-maker. V/R, RCP

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: